A Studio Audience of approximately 400 will participate alongside our online audience in TALKFEST 2014
Schools in Northland, Auckland, Waikato and Bay of Plenty are invited to apply for Studio Audience places to participate live in TALKFEST 2014
- Schools can apply for 10 students and one accompanying teacher to participate in the Studio Audience at Fale Pasifika, University of Auckland.
- Schools must undertake to ensure that they arrive and are seated 20 minutes prior to the broadcast time.
- Students must wear school uniform or mufti, as is the usual dress for the school for formal occasions.
- Students and teachers participating in the Studio Audience will be expected to take part in Audience Response Polls during the TALKFEST.
- Students and teachers participating in the Studio Audience are able to also participate in LiveChat if they bring their own device.
- Schools represented in the Studio Audience should ideally also have a group of students in school participating via the Online Audience.
- All students participating in the Studio Audience must be individually registered by their school.
The information provided on this page will assist schools to prepare for studio audience participation.
Steps to Studio Audience Participation
1. Apply for School Representation within the Studio Audience
- School representation within the Studio Audience is via online application.
- Each successful school will be given places for 10 students and one accompanying teacher.
- The school is responsible for all costs associated with transport and parking.
- Priority will be given to schools that are also participating in the Online Audience, with the exception of very small schools, kura and area schools.
- Click the STUDIO AUDIENCE Button for full details and an application form.
- Schools and teachers applying for Studio Audience Participation must register at the time of application.
- To ensure that you receive all relevant information and updates please register early.
- If your application is successful you will be required to register each of the participating students.
- Click the REGISTER Button to access online registration forms.
3. Encourage your students to enter BlogBLAST – the student competition
- Students in New Zealand schools can enter the STUDENT PANEL competition and win a place on the LIVE STUDENT PANEL in Auckland
- Full details of the competition are found in the STUDENT PANEL page.
- The competition is designed to create a pre-event learning activity that will support student engagement in the TALKFESTs.
- Information about a competition for Cook Islands schools will be posted shortly.
4. Check the Curriculum Links and Learning Resources
- The TALKFESTs are designed to link into learning programmes based on the New Zealand and Cook Islands Curricula.
- Curriculum Links and Linked learning resources can be found via the CURRICULUM LINKS button.