NZ Curriculum Level 4-5
Understanding About Science:
- Understand that scientists investigations are informed by current scientific theories and aim to collect evidence that will be interpreted through processes of logical argument
Communicating in Science:
- Use a wider range of scientific vocabulary, symbols and conventions; Apply their understandings of science to evaluate both popular and scientific texts (including visual and numerical literacy).
Participating and Contributing:
- Develop an understanding of socio-scientific issues by gathering relevant scientific information in order to draw evidence-based conclusions and to take action where appropriate
- Level 4: Recognise that there are processes that are common to all living things and that these occur in difference ways
- Level 5: Describe the basic processes by which genetic information is passed from one generation to the next
Health & Physical Education:
- Level 4: Describe physical, social, emotional & intellectual processes of growth and relate these of features of adolescent development and effective self-management strategies
Cook Islands Curriculum Level 4-5
Taieni e te Matakeinanga / Science and Society
- Level 4: Identify and report on the views of a particular group of the community towards a scientific issue; e.g. fishermen, shop owners, WWF, Mangaia Rangers.
- Level 5: Identify and compare the views of different groups of people about a given scientific issue and how it has promoted or constrained science.
Science: Apinga Natura Ora / Living World
- Level 4: Discuss patterns of inheritance of genetically controlled characteristics.
- Level 5: Describe how genetic information is transferred from one generation to the next.
Health and Physical Wellbeing:
- Level 4: Students will describe the characteristics of pubertal change and discuss positive ways to handle puberty
- Level 5: Students will describe physical, social, emotional, and intellectual processes of growth and relate these to features of adolescent development and effective self-management strategies